Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Damn Dog!

While I'm home I always go to visit my grandparents who are living in a memory care facility. My mom knows most of the residents there and she warned me there is one lady who is grouchy and doesn't like dogs. Of course, as we were walking in that lady was sitting in her wheelchair in the lobby and when she saw Morey she started yelling "Why is there a damn dog in here? You need to get that dog out of here!" Sensing that this was not a situation where education would be helpful we just kept going but she continued to yell and complain even after we were out of sight.

My grandparents have met Morey many times but it's still a new experience every time they see him. They never had dogs growing up so it takes them aback when Morey comes into their apartment. When I tell my grandpa how Morey helps me he always says "well, isn't that great" and my grandma just smiles and tries to pet him. I'm not sure how much they really understand about Morey's role in my life but at least he can make them smile when we visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment