Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Secret Admirer

The other day I was covering the front desk at work and another UT staff member came in. I chatted with her briefly and she sat down to wait for her appointment. While she waited, I continued to move around the office and she could see that I used a wheelchair. When I returned to the front desk she said "You have a dog, don't you?". I was surprised she knew that since Morey was nowhere in site, but thought maybe she had seen me out and about on campus so I confirmed that yes, I have a dog. "And you drive a van, don't you?" This made me a little more surprised, but once again I answered yes. She might have been able to tell that I was taken aback by everything she knew about me even though we have never formally met and so she explained.

"I used to work out in the Bridgeway building with a window facing the parking lot where you park. I would always see you taking your dog out to play during the day and it always made me so happy to watch. He seems like such a joy!"

I know Morey is wonderfully amazing and has touched a lot of lives, but this woman made me realize that I may never know the extent of Morey's ability to bring a smile to someone's face-even through a glimpse out the window!

No comments:

Post a Comment