Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Sunday Swim

After running over Morey and then forgetting him at a meeting, I realized that Morey was overdue for some TLC. (Ok, I also want to have something positive to post about before Morey's fans, or his Grandma, decide to repossess him!) Today was a beautiful sunny day in the 70s and so I decided to take Morey swimming on our way home from church. He was also needing a bath so I figured I would let him have some fun before "torturing" him with a bath.

For the first time at the dog park, we encountered a dog who wouldn't play nice. Morey had brought a tennis ball and I was throwing it in the water for him to retrieve. Then a boxer came over who would growl at dogs until the dropped the ball they had. The boxer would then grab it and run around, growling if any dog got too close. Several times the owner would take the ball back and throw it back in the water. Morey would jump in a swim to get it but as soon as he got back to the shore the boxer would be there waiting and growling. Morey, aka Mr. Nonconfrontational, just dropped the ball and then followed the boxer at a distance, hoping for a chance to get his ball back. I didn't like seeing my boy being bullied so Morey and I took his ball and decided to play ball somewhere else. Morey then had fun chasing his ball on land while he dried off. After getting his bath when he got home, he was ready for a nap!

Can you find Morey?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment