Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Sunday, March 3, 2013

All Work and No Play

The last few weeks have been busy for me (and Morey). Sometimes trying to juggle a full time job, part time grad school, and then rugby gets to be a little much. Thankfully we are done traveling on the weekends for rugby until Nationals in April, so hopefully that will give me a chance to catch up on life!

Last week Morey gave me a reminder that even when I'm busy rushing from one thing to the next, it's important to take time to play. We were stopping at the store on our way home from work and I couldn't reach my reusable bags that I keep in my car. I asked Morey to "get" and pointed in the general direction. Laying underneath the bags was the "flinger" that I use to launch Morey's tennis ball and so guess what item Morey retrieved for me? He was giving me a hint that rather than going shopping after a long day at work, he would have preferred to play ball. He had a good point and so after we got home I gave him a good ball session. After all, all work and no play makes for a sad service dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment