Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Lazy Boy

During Spring Break I was able to work a few days from home (nothing like sitting on the deck in the 75 degree weather while you work! : ). One morning I was sitting on the couch working and Morey was sleeping on my bed when the doorbell rang. It takes me a while to transfer from the couch to my wheelchair and get to the front door and after the doorbell rang the person knocked on the door. It was the Pest Control guy and so I opened the door and talked with him and signed the bill and he left. Through all of this, the doorbell ringing, a knock on the door, me opening the door, and the sound of a stranger talking to me, Morey didn't move or make any noise. Not a woof or a bark or getting up to come see what was happening. In fact, when I went in my room to check on him afterward, he sleepily stretched as if to say "Thanks for taking care of that, it disturbed my morning nap".

I appreciate the fact that Morey is quiet (our neighbor dogs who bark constantly make me even more thankful for a quiet dog!) and friendly, but I have to say, I wouldn't mind it if he would at least get up to check on things when something unusual happens. Then again, since I typically send him to his bed when the doorbell rings, maybe he figured he would just stay on the bed he was currently on and save himself some effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment