Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Wet and Wild in NOLA

One afternoon when we had some free time, we wandered out to a park area near the water. The motivation was finding grass! : ) On the way we found a statue of dog that appeared to be made out of balloons. There were several of these scattered throughout the area.
 It had rained off and on throughout the days we were in New Orleans. When we finally had a break in the action at the conference and in the rain, I took Morey for some ball time.

After removing his leash and vest I threw the ball and let him run. His first leap into the grass ended with a splash with dirty wet water flying everywhere. I guess I have lived in Texas too long and forgot that it gets wet and muddy after it rains! It was too late at that point- Morey was already covered in mud-so we kept playing until he was tired. I think that was his favorite thing he did in New Orleans.
This is part of the end result after his play time. When we got back to the hotel I hurried him up to our room, hoping no one would notice how filthy he was. I ushered him straight into the shower for another bath!

No comments:

Post a Comment