Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Messy Business

The hotel proudly directed me to their pet relief area soon after we arrived in New Orleans. After a long flight and bus ride, Morey was in great need of relief so we quickly headed to the much advertised area. Although it was visually decorated for humans, Morey was quite disappointed to find that the surface was entirely pea gravel with occasional sea shells tossed in the mix and not a very dog friendly environment.Not only does Morey prefer grass, the rocks hurt his tender toes. The entire time we were there he would take two steps off the paved path, do his business, and then jump back onto the pavement.


He didn't want to poop in the designated area so each day I tried to walk him to grass. There were several areas with grass a few blocks away, but unfortunately he wasn't able to make it that far. One day he ended up pooping on the sidewalk and the next day he pooped in the street (I guess he had seen the horses pulling the carriages doing that and he was just following their lead). I felt really bad for him, but there was nothing I could do. It was stressful for me to know Morey was uncomfortable and I know it must have been uncomfortable for him! We were both very glad to get back to Austin and so he could get back to his normal  routine!

No comments:

Post a Comment