Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Fond Farewell

On Sunday Morey had a playdate with his friends Maggie and Ace. We had just found out that their family is moving to Florida so we decided to get together for one last swim session with the dogs. Morey was very excited to see his friends and just as excited to go swimming. It had been a while since he had done either.







 While Maggie and Ace slowed down and stopped chasing the balls after about half an hour, Morey kept going. If you threw the ball in the water, Ace and Morey would both take off and then when Ace realized Morey was going to get there first he would just stop and wait for Morey to bring the ball back. When Morey dropped the ball to shake off, Ace would grab it and bring it back to be thrown again. They were a good retrieving team!
 
 When Morey finally got tired of chasing the ball, he still didn't want to get out of the water. He found a place where it was shallow enough where he could lay down and still keep his head above water. He did this several times, but I wasn't fast enough to get a picture of him in this position.


I will have to find some new swimming buddies for Morey. Although he would enjoy swimming by himself, I don’t like to take him alone. He is a good swimmer, but I like having someone else around just in case something would happen and Morey needed rescued. ( I can hardly imagine anything worse than watching my dog drown right in front of me without being able to help in any way.) Morey and I will miss our friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment