Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Cause of a Commotion

Morey was the unintentional cause of commotion during the worship service. All the kids in the church know Morey and are used to seeing him in church. On Easter there were lots of visitors and many of them were kids. As they were walking in most of them walked by Morey and me on the way to their seats. I heard at least five kids say "Mom/Dad, there's a DOG in the church!" Everyone around me who knows us was laughing-for us having a dog in church is normal, but that is not the case for most people! I think there was a lot of service dog education that went on that morning!

There was a little girl, probably about 2 years old, sitting in front of us with her family. When it was time to stand and sing, her dad picked her up. She could now see Morey when she looked behind her and began saying "Doggie" in increasingly loud tones. Her dad tried to shush her but she kept insisting. Finally her dad reached down in a bag and tried to put a pacifier in her mouth to keep her quiet. Once the song was over and they sat down she couldn't see him anymore and was quiet. But each time they stood for a song she began her chant again.

The parents were obviously embarrassed. I felt bad because my dog was the cause of all this, but it wasn't like I could make Morey disappear. Meanwhile he was just laying quietly, acting like the perfect angel that he is. He can't help it if he has paparazzi who follow him even to church!

No comments:

Post a Comment