Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Monday, February 13, 2012

Rest and Relaxation

After our week of rugby, Morey and I were worn out. I was even more jealous of the fact that Morey gets to go to work and sleep all day while I have to go to work and actually accomplish things. Several of my co-workers came in to say hello and they each asked what was wrong with Morey. Usually he eagerly comes out from under my desk to socialize but on Monday and Tuesday he came out rather reluctantly, seemingly somewhat annoyed at having his naps interrupted.

I was only in Austin for 4 days before heading out to another tournament in Phoenix. I decided to leave Morey behind to stay with Norm. He still wasn't completely rested and the last time he went to Phoenix he was not happy about the lack of grass (one of the other athletes who brought her service dog also commented that her dog didn't want to "hurry" on the rocks and gravel that exists instead of grass). By all accounts, Morey enjoyed his weekend of rest and relaxation, although Norm told me that he put Morey to work helping with some gardening. I'm glad Morey earns his keep wherever he goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment