Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Morey's Vacation with the boys

After only 3 weeks together, I had to leave my new baby for 5 days. (Just for the record, I am aware that Morey suddenly went from my significant other to my baby...it's a complicated relationship ; ) I have a rugby tournament in West Palm Beach, FL with the national development team and it's just easier and better for both of us if he stayed behind.

Two of the guys from my Texas rugby team love dogs and dog-sit for other people, so Morey is staying with them. We went over for a visit last week and he explored the whole place. Norm (one of the guys) let Morey up on his bed, so I think they will get along fine!

I packed all his bags-toys, bowls, food, etc. and dropped him off the night before I left. He was watching me carefully as I put all his stuff out but Norm distracted him with some petting while I slipped out. It was weird to be at my apartment and work without him. It's amazing how quickly Morey has become such an important part of my life.

I waiting 2 days before asking how he has been doing and got the news that he is fine. I'm really not worried about him...it's me who has the harder time being away from him.

No comments:

Post a Comment