Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Sunday, January 9, 2011

First Week on the Job

Well, Morey has been officially welcomed as a part of Services for Students with Disabilities at UT! He worked a full week and is very settled in to "his" office and is already a favorite with all the staff. He enjoys socializing on his lunch breaks and exploring the campus. He's always such a gentleman to open all the doors for me!

Although he likes being at work, he isn't sure how he feels about getting up at 6am each day (and usually goes back to sleep for another half an hour while I am getting ready...sleepyhead!). Since we get there before the office opens, we take advantage of the long hallway for some "fetch" and "find" time. We also do some training; boundary training at the door to my office and sending him to his "bed" on command are the first things on the list. Who knows what we'll move on to after that...I'm thinking answering the phone or typing emails so then I can be the one to take the afternoon naps!

Being able to take your best friend to work makes it so much more fun! It also makes me much more popular in the office! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment