Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Flying Fears

Flying with Morey has become a much more stressful endeavor than it has been in the past.With his medication he seems fine but since I am not medicated my anxiety is pretty high the whole trip! I travel prepared with all his emergency medication and supplies and sincerely hope I never need to use them. It's not just the medical aspect of Morey having a seizure that scares me it's also all the logistics that go along with it- what if he has a seizure on the plane, if he can't walk how could I get him to an emergency vet in a strange city, etc. Needless to say, now I only get excited about going home to Indiana once we are actually there!

Morey and I are the first ones to board the plane and as we got settled an older couple got on and when the wife saw Morey she said "My husband is a vet so if you need anything just let us know". I felt like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders as I said "Well, he actually did have a seizure so it's good to know you are here." He wanted to know what medication I had and said "Don't you worry, if anything happens we can handle it." I settled back in my seat so relieved that help would be available if needed.

It turns out they were traveling all the way to Indiana so they were on my second flight as well. The wife sat next to me on our second flight and told me all about their clinic in Bastrop (about 30 minutes away from Austin) and showed me pictures of some of her favorite clients. She took a few pictures of Morey so I am sure he will be part of her picture show in the future! Having them on board felt like a Christmas gift and allowed me to enjoy the trip without (too) much worry!

No comments:

Post a Comment