Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Friday, November 4, 2016

Costume Dilemma

This year I had big plans for preparing Morey's Halloween costume but his seizure threw these plans off track. I also found out I had to report for Jury Duty on Halloween so he wouldn't be able to wear his costume during the day like he usually did so I lost some of my motivation for planning his costume. Nevertheless, I felt like Morey's costumes had a reputation to maintain so I knew I had to do something when Halloween rolled around.

I was going to help with my church's No Fear Celebration the Saturday before Halloween so that was my deadline for a costume. I ended up going to Petsmart on the way to the event to see what his costume might be. I suppose there is something to be said for spontaneity! Unfortunately there were no costumes large enough for Morey. I guess size discrimination is a thing for dogs too!

Luckily there was a Party City next door so we went in with an open mind for finding something that could easily be transformed into a costume for Morey. It didn't take long to find the perfect thing!

A red bowler had with a rainbow band and fake flower seemed like it was made for Morey! A giant multi-colored polka dot bowtie competed his clown costume. He wasn't thrilled about it so he decided to be a sad clown!

 I got tiger ears and a tiger tail for myself. No pictures to share but you can see the shadow of my "ears" in this picture with Morey! I got to help with sand art at the No Fear Celebration. Unfortunately a car next to us was doing an activity involving popping balloons. Morey obviously did not appreciate this sound and eventually crawled under the table we were using in an attempt to escape. Sorry Morey!
As you might imagine, Morey was quite popular with the kids!They all wanted to pet and admire his costume

 Wouldn't you want to come to this event if you got greeted by a clown like this??



No comments:

Post a Comment