Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Medicated Morey

I picked up Morey's anxiety meds at the pharmacy and was amused to see the usual warnings about drinking alcohol, operating heavy machinery and becoming pregnant. Luckily none of those are part of Morey's regular routine so I don't think it will be a problem for him to avoid those activities!

Morey on Meds!
I wanted to give Morey a dose before we actually needed it so I could gauge its effects. I needed it to relax him enough to allow him to be calm throughout our trip but yet still have him alert enough to function. I gave him a dose and back we went to the airport to try it out. One of the Southwest employees saw us walking around and asked "Weren't you here yesterday?" I explained the situation and he asked if I wanted a pass to go through security. He explained that he had worked with a service dog in the past and understood how important it is for them to be able to do their job. I was so grateful for his understanding and very relieved to be able to take Morey through the whole security process. I kept the beef jerky flowing freely and much to my relief Morey seemed quite alert and happy as we walked through the airport. Several people even commented on how how happy he looked! We stayed until I was running low on beef jerky and on our way out we stopped back by the Southwest counter to thank the staff member again. I told him we were both feeling much better about our upcoming trip thanks to this field trip!


On the day of our flight I was feeling like I might need to take one of Morey's pills to reduce my own anxiety! I was traveling for rugby so I had all my gear with me in addition to all my luggage. My flight was going to Indiana where I was going to drop off Morey with my mom before heading to Europe the next day. Thankfully our flight was very uneventful but I don't think I have ever been so relieved to have a plane arrive at our destination!

No comments:

Post a Comment