Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Friday, July 31, 2015

Play Ball!

My first trip in July was a road trip to Illinois. My friend wanted to go on a road trip to Illinois to visit his family but didn't want to make that trip alone. His family only lived 5 hours from my family so it worked out well: he could see his family and I could see mine.

The first day we drove to Kansas City which was about a 12 hour drive. It was a nice way to break up the trip and my friend wanted to see a Royals game while we were there. We stayed in a hotel that was right across from the Royals stadium so we could easily push to the game. With his blue vest on Morey looked like a proud Royals fan!

I could tell Morey was a little stressed in the loud and crowded environment. In anticipation of this I had packed some treats and occasionally gave them to Morey throughout the evening. It's amazing what random reinforcement will do to increase attentiveness!


I found this sign and thought it would be very appropriate to take Morey's picture there. Morey certainly is a dog just the way I like him! :)

While getting to the stadium was easy because it was downhill, getting back to the hotel was not as simple. Not only was it uphill it was also dark and crowded with cars who were also leaving. Rather than face all these obstacles we decided to take a cab back to the hotel.

The driver was happy to give us a ride (although technically they can't refuse you because of a service dog that doesn't mean it never happens). He did ask that Morey stay on the floor of his vehicle instead of the seat. Morey is accustomed to riding on car seats so I was a little worried when I asked him to jump. I tried to give him a straight path to jump onto the floor and I was very relieved when he settled right down. I very much appreciate Morey's ability to adapt to new environments!

No comments:

Post a Comment