Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Friday, September 20, 2013

Morey meets the Ocean

After our train ride downtown, we wandered around some of the touristy areas along the coast for a few hours. When we went out on one of the piers and Morey got to see the ocean up close he looked down at the water and then sat down, looking at me expectantly. I knew he wanted me to release him so he could jump in and swim. I would have loved to let him experience the ocean but if he had jumped in there he would have had no way to get out of the water.

We also got to visit an ocean overlook and he did the same thing; looking down on the ocean and the surfers obviously wanting to go down and join them. Unfortunately, we never got to visit the dog beach so Morey’s first ocean experience was only from afar. Hopefully our next trip we will have the opportunity to let Morey experience the ocean close up! With the salt water and the waves it will be very different from the swimming experiences he is used to!

Can we go swimming please?
The next day we took the train up to Oceanside so I could meet up with my friend. We went out on a much larger pier, which was cool, but a nightmare to navigate. The pier was made up of giant wooden beams with just enough space to get my small front casters caught in the cracks. I couldn’t really enjoy much of the ocean view because I was so focused on my getting stuck or falling out of my chair!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment