Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Family Reunion

My family and I have a special connection with Morey not only because we helped raise him as a pup, but also because we raised his mom, Cleo. She was one of the first puppies we "puppy started" for ICAN and then she went on to have several litters of puppies (including Morey and his siblings). She is now retired, but lives in Indianapolis, which means my family gets to dog sit her when her family travels.

It just so happened that my family was asked to watch Cleo the same weekend Morey and I would be home. My mom asked if that would be ok and I eagerly said yes! I love Cleo and hadn't seen her for a long time and thought it would be fun to see Morey and Cleo together. I wondered how they would interact with each other and wondered if they would know each other.

If a picture is worth a thousand words then I won't try to explain their interactions, I'll just let you see some of the adorable pictures that were captured over that weekend.

While they played with each other just like they do with other dogs, they also had a very unique way of interacting. It involved licking and nibbling at each other's faces in a gentle way. They would also take hold of the same toy and walk around with it, not tugging it just "sharing" the toy. I don't know if they recognized their relationship, but they seemed to know that this wasn't just another dog friend.



 They definitely share their love of tennis balls (the only way to get them to both look this alert!)



1 comment: