Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Morey at the Museum

There are a lot of great museums on campus at UT and while my evenings are not occupied with homework, Morey and I are spending time enjoying what Austin and UT have to offer. The other evening we went to the Blanton Museum with my friend Heather to see the "Lifelike" exhibit. This exhibit has everyday objects either larger or smaller than in real life and it was fun to see the different perspectives of these common objects.

Going to museums is not one of Morey's favorite activities. There is a lot of standing around and then moving 2 feet and standing around again. Just when Morey decides to lay down, it is time to move on. Sorry Morey!
Please tell me I don't have to squeeze in there!
Morey's favorite display was a tiny elevator bank. The elevator doors opened and closed and had lights and a tiny bell. Morey provides a little perspective on how small they actually are. Since he was right on the same level when he was laying down, he expressed some curiosity about them when the doors opened and closed.
We stayed until the museum closed and once we stepped outside we found that it was pouring down rain. It doesn't rain often in Austin, but as the expression goes, when it does rain, it pours! As you can see from the picture, everyone who had left the museum was waiting just outside rather than braving the rain.
Heather, Morey, and I waited for a while but when the rain showed no sign of stopping, Heather offered to go get my car which we had parked a block or two away. I gratefully accepted her offer and even with being picked up as close as possible we still got soaked.
Nothing like a fun-filled adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment