Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Blues on the Green

My goal this summer is to get out and enjoy some of the fun events going on in Austin. During the school year I am so busy with rugby, work, and school that I don't often get to take advantage of all the different things happening in Austin.

One of the summer events I enjoy going to is Blues on the Green, a free concert held at Zilker Park (the site of Austin City Limits Festival). There are always tons of people and dogs and it's a great opportunity to people watch while enjoying some outdoor music. Even though it was hot, it was fun to spread out our blanket and enjoy a picnic dinner before the music.


When Morey saw that the dog next to us was getting meat from his owner's sandwich as rewards for doing tricks, he wanted to see if his tricks could earn the same reward. I didn't want Morey to show up the other dog so he had to be content with his own dinner of dry dog food.

He was much more interested in the leftover ice that my friend had in his cooler. Morey was more than willing to help dispose of the ice so he didn't have to carry it back to his car! What a good boy!

Morey enjoyed being the center of attention of our group. Usually when I go out with friends, Morey is in work mode so they all enjoyed having an opportunity to interact with him and treat him like a normal dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment