Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Fishing

Morey demonstrated a new skill during one of our swimming trips. He was retrieving the ball from the water when all of a sudden he stopped in the shallow water, dropped the ball, and began tracking something under the water. I can only assume he was following a fish because he was putting his nose under the water and walking in crazy patterns with his tail wagging madly. I had never seen him do this before and at first I was concerned. I called him out of the water, got him refocused on the ball and tossed it in the water. The same thing happened; he got the ball and got distracted again once he was in shallow water. Morey likes his ball A LOT and for something to be even more exciting than a tennis ball is a big deal. I couldn't see what he was trying to track or catch, but he was was very focused on catching whatever it was! It will be interesting to see if this is a new habit when we go to the water the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment