Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Comfort Dog

Morey is comfortably settled in my new office at work. My desk is an L shape and he likes to lay under it...earning it the name "Morey's fort"(pictures to come soon). Sometimes he stays under it when I meet with students and sometimes he comes out to say hello. It's always interesting to try to predict which students he will make the effort to get up and greet.

The other day a student came into my office and Morey came out to say hello and then laid down on her feet. We continued talking and when we were finished, she carefully slid her feet out from under him so she wouldn't disturb him. I laughed and apologized for Morey. "It's ok." She said quietly. "It was actually kind of comforting...I usually get nervous when I have to come here [the Disability Services office]". Go Morey! Apparently we are not only a great service dog team, but we are a great team at work too; he comforts and puts students at ease while I try to answer their questions and help arrange their accommodations. Hmm, maybe I should see if he can get put on the payroll...

1 comment:

  1. Way to go, Morey; keep up the good work, and maybe they'll create a position for you :)

    ReplyDelete