Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Update on Life

I've gotten some comments and hints that I haven't been posting much lately, so in order to keep our fans and followers satisfied here's a quick update on what we have been doing lately...

Since rugby season ended my life (and Morey's) has gotten much more routine without much excitement to report. It's been very hot for the past few weeks and so I have gone back to exercising Morey in the air conditioned hallways at work. We've had a few nights out with friends, exploring Austin and enjoying the opportunity to have time to hang out.

Morey visited Norm, his dogsitter, last week. When we got to Norm's house Morey got very excited and he bounced all around the house once we got inside. It's good to know Morey has fun and is well taken care of while I'm off on my own adventures. The reason he was at Norm's was because I was in Alabama trying out for the National Developmental Wheelchair Rugby Team, called Team Force.

As usual, I was the only woman trying out and I am excited to say that I was selected for the team (and was also the fastest athlete there). The team will be together for 2 years and will travel to international competitions, in addition to training camps in Alabama throughout the year.

We both had a good weekend, even though we were apart for it. But I guess it's important for both of us to have our own lives and not be completely dependent on each other. Morey enjoyed his time with Norm and seemed to be worn out from all the "excitement" they had while I was gone. I'm still waiting for details on what exactly that consisted of... : ) I was worn out from try outs, so needless to say it's been a low key week with early bedtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment