Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Celebrations

Although it is hard, we are trying to enjoy our time left with Morey and not let the sadness of what is coming ruin the time we do have with him. Every morning we wake up and he is still here is a day to celebrate and cherish the time together.

We had probably the strangest Easter ever. Morey is pretty much homebound and we don't want to leave him alone so we had Easter morning at home together, listening to some of our favorite Easter hymns courtesy of Youtube. We did fix an Easter feast and Morey was quite excited to enjoy the turkey- for the price of wearing the obligatory rabbit ears!




Morey's half birthday was the day after Easter so of course we had to celebrate his 8 and a half birthday! It was bittersweet to think it was his last birthday celebration, something we had no idea when he turned 8 in October. Luckily I had a small can of dog food to use as a cake with a piece of bacon for his candle which he very much enjoyed! It was so special to get to enjoy a few more special times with Morey!






My 30th birthday was on the 21st and I was so glad Morey was still around to celebrate with me! I had been expecting to share more of my 30s with him but at this point I was happy he was here to get my year off to a good start! I got to spend my day at home with Morey and my mom and had a friend over for dinner so if you could have removed the reason for those circumstances it would have been even better!




No comments:

Post a Comment