Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Friday, September 9, 2016

Stalked by Vacuums

Morey does not like vacuums. My roommate calls ours "Mr. Hoover" so we always warn Morey when "Mr. Hoover" comes out of the closet to visit. Morey will go off to hide when it comes out but he can't resist keeping it in sight so the vacuum can't sneak up on him.

Our vacuum stopped working recently so we had it sitting out in the living room. Morey would walk around it carefully- not fully trusting it wasn't going to spontaneously turn on and start coming after him. He was dismayed when I got out our Roomba and that began to chase him around the house!

Shortly after that I was shopping at Goodwill and was checking out with Morey standing next to me. All of a sudden Morey started leaning up against me and putting his head in my lap, acting somewhat frantic. This was unusual for Morey so I looked around to see what had scared him. I had to start laughing when I saw the man behind me had not one but two vacuums he had pushed up behind us! Morey's worst nightmare- being stalked by vacuums! The cashier, man with the vacuum and I all had a good laugh as I finished my purchases and we escaped from the vacuums!

No comments:

Post a Comment