Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Indiana Summer Vacation

    This has been a busy summer of travel for us!

Our office is part of the Association on Higher Education and Disability and this year their national conference was in Indianapolis. My boss and I were presenting at the conference and I tacked on some time with family before and after the conference. I gave Morey the week off so he stayed with Grandma while I went to the conference (he definitely got the better end of that deal!).

It felt strange to be without Morey for the week. My boss asked me what it was like to not have Morey with me. It's hard to explain but it gives me a sort of unsettled feeling. Like I am forgetting something all the time. There are some nice things- like not having to worry about where to take him to hurry or not having to go outside first/last thing of the day but I would never complain about doing those things in exchange for having the most wonderful service dog ever!

My mom sent daily emails with pictures of him playing in the pool, going for walks and playing with toys. When I got home the fun continued as Morey and I both enjoyed some summer vacation in Indiana!


 We had to have some trees cut down in the yard and Morey enjoyed playing king of the yard as he stood majestically on the downed tree trunks and limbs.
A ball and a pool full of water- sounds like the perfect ingredients for a summer vacation! It's fun to see Morey be such a country dog while he is home!

No comments:

Post a Comment