Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Thursday, March 31, 2016

On the Job Injury

Morey always presses the automatic door buttons to open the door to our office building. In the mornings he does this with incredible enthusiasm and energy and often gets a running start to build speed and energy to be able to put into his "touch" of the button.

One morning he did this as usual but as I looked down at him afterward I noticed he had a shallow cut on his nose. I had just seen him a few seconds before and it wasn't there so I assume he might have sliced his nose on the edge of the automatic door button as he pushed it. It didn't seem to bother him at all but once I got to my office I opened my first aid kit and put some antibiotic ointment on his nose. (It didn't seem like a good idea to put a bandaid on his fur so I stopped with the ointment.)

UT has an Occupational Health office next door to my building and I thought about taking him there for medical attention since it was an "on the job injury". But Morey seemed to be no worse for the wear so he continued on to his day's tasks, which mostly included sleeping under my desk.

Morey's nose has healed but the cut did leave a scar. Every time I see it I am reminded of his dedication to his job and his willingness to continue to work with me despite the occupational hazards he faces every day. Thanks Morey!


No comments:

Post a Comment