Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Thursday, March 31, 2016

Easter Fun

Since my mom and sister were here the week before Easter we went ahead and had our celebration so they could be here for Morey's Easter Egg Hunt.

Morey was less than thrilled when the rabbit ears came out and went on but he quickly realized the benefit of wearing them was a lot of tasty treats!

Last year I was home in Indiana for Easter and we had done an Easter Egg hunt with our dogs. This year we had the egg hunt in Texas and my mom brought eggs that she added some tasty treats to hid in our yard. It took a few tries for Morey to realize this was a game of "find it" but once he caught on he eagerly searched out the eggs and figured out how to open them and lick out the treats!

 Morey watching eagerly as my mom carefully added treats to each Easter Egg. I took Morey inside while she hid the eggs so he wouldn't cheat and see where they were hidden.
 At first Morey would bring the eggs to me like he thought he was supposed to be retrieving them. He soon figured out that he could open them himself and no longer needed human help to get the treats!
 After he had found and opened all the eggs he very politely helped to collect all the "egg shells" and return them to the basket in exchange for more treats.

Morey enjoyed his Easter fun with grandma!

On actual Easter Sunday Morey donned his collar and tie for church but then added the rabbit ears during the kids' Easter Egg hunt. As you might imagine he was quite a hit and ended up being in quite a lot of pictures.


Even though I can't always be with my family on holidays I am glad I always get to celebrate with Morey!

No comments:

Post a Comment