Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Saturday, February 6, 2016

Transportation and Travels

I wish I had started keeping track of all of Morey's travel experiences when we first started working together. Most of them are documented in this blog but it would be fun to have a list of all the places he has gone. He would have probably earned a few free flights if he got to collect frequent flyer miles! He's also a frequent rider of shuttles, taxis, trams and trains/light rails. I'm not sure he has ever been on a boat so that might be on his list for 2016!

I don't often know what the circumstances are going to be on certain methods of transportation ahead of time and in many cases there isn't another option. That means Morey sometimes ends up in tight or uncomfortable spaces for the duration of the ride. He always tolerates it like a champ, often earning praise and compliments from other passengers, riders, etc.

As an example, here are all the methods of transportation Morey and I used on our 3 day trip to Phoenix:
  • Car ride from my house to airport parking lot
  • Shuttle ride (included riding on lift) to airport terminal
  • Plane ride
  • Taxi from airport to hotel
  • Car ride with a friend to dinner
  • Shuttle ride back to airport
  • Plane ride
  • Shuttle with ramp from airport to parking lot
  • Car ride back home
I am so thankful to have a dog as adaptable as Morey to accompany me on life's many adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment