Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Sunday, February 28, 2016

NADAC Trial

Our Agility Club, the Austin K9 Xpress, hosts a North American Dog Agility Council (NADAC) trial every February and this was our second year to compete. Morey and I entered the Intro class which has fewer obstacles and less complicated courses. He is still working on sequencing obstacles so this seemed like it would be a good fit for us. We entered 8 events, which was ambitious but I figured we might as well practice and improve with each one.

Our first runs on Friday night were what I considered to be our "warm up". Morey loves agility and his enthusiasm sometimes takes over and makes it hard for him to focus on what he is supposed to be doing. After our first run (Hoopers), a woman came up and told me that she was going to vote for Morey as the "most joyful" dog. He might not be the most accurate dog but he does have a lot of fun!


The trial venue is really a horse barn with hard packed dirt. It is not the easiest for me to get around and I think I might have worked as hard as the dogs! Luckily I had my FreeWheel to help me navigate the divets and soft areas.

Below is a video of our Intro Weavers course.

 

We have been working really hard on mastering the weave poles and I was so proud when Morey did them correctly! Our other runs can be seen on Morey's brand new Youtube Channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6rHjKOJttf1RzWWRmEIOmg) because they were too large to post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment