Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Saturday, December 26, 2015

Christmas Traditions

This will be my 5th Christmas with Morey and we now have several holiday traditions.

We have a tiny Christmas tree at our house but at least we have a real fireplace to hang up our stockings (Morey's is the blue one in the middle). Morey always has to don his festive antlers for a Christmas photo.

Thanks to 'Grandma Santa', Morey has quite a collection of seasonal toys. Part of decorating for Christmas includes getting out Morey's winter/Christmas toys. He always likes seeing his 'new' toys.

Another tradition is having his picture taken with Santa. I'm always on the lookout for a photo open with Santa (where I don't have to wait in line with tons of children). This year one of my roommate's friends was Santa at the Home Depot so Morey and I decided to stop by.

Morey knows Tex but he has only ever seen him when he comes over to our house. I wasn't sure if he would recognize him at Home Depot dressed up as Santa. We waited until all the kids had their turns on Santa's lap then Tex called Morey over. I could tell Morey was slightly confused at first but once he got up close he obviously recognized his friend.

With all these traditions Morey and I were all ready for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment