Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Saturday, June 27, 2015

June Adventures

June was a pretty laid back and low key month. I am getting used to life without school although I am finding ways to keep busy! It rained a lot in June so although it kept the temperatures cooler than normal it was too wet to do many outside activities.


I have been doing some consulting work for OneStar Foundation, which is where I did my internship last year. They asked me to manage their Inclusion and Experience survey for all their AmeriCorps and VISTA members in Texas as well as present at the Southwest National Service Conference in Ft. Worth. I really enjoyed both of these tasks and of course Morey came along for the ride!


The conference and hotel was right across from the Ft. Worth Water Gardens. They were fun to explore, even if they weren't very accessible. Morey heard the sound of water as we approached and got excited even before he saw the water. I made sure I held tightly to his harness because he acted like he wanted to get first hand experience with the water garden! There were people climbing on the different levels and it looked like fun. It would have been fun to see what Morey would have done in the water but there was a sign prohibiting dogs. Sorry Morey!
Picture borrowed from https://www.pinterest.com/pin/542261611355863743/
I also took a trip to Oklahoma City for the Endeavor Games. This was the third year I have competed and I always look forward to participating in handcycling, track and paratriathlon. Because all these sports are outdoors and take place over distance it makes it hard to bring Morey along so I decided to leave him home with my roommate. It has been a while since I have left Morey at home and according to my roommate he didn't like it very much. Apparently he wouldn't play ball and was being very mopey and lethargic. I felt bad that Morey missed me so much while I was gone. I guess I need to be better about leaving him at home more often so he gets more used to it. Obviously I want him with me but he needs to be ok with being alone as well. 
                                      We were both happy when we were back together again!

No comments:

Post a Comment