Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Left Behind

I bring Morey with me pretty much everywhere I go. However, there are times when it's just easier to run an errand without him so in the cooler weather I sometimes leave him in the car. Since he is used to coming with me he gets confused when I tell him "stay" instead of "off" when I open the car door. He often looks out the window watching me leave him which makes me feel a bit guilty. I console myself with the fact that he doesn't like shopping anyway and that it's good for us to be able to be apart from each other.
Aren't you forgetting something?

What about me?
A note about safety. Since I park in accessible spaces which are usually at the front of the parking lot near the store I don't worry too much about someone trying to break in and steal Morey. However, I never leave his vest on and make an effort to hide it so it's not obvious he is a highly trained dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment