Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Gym Dog

The Phoenix tournament was held at a great new facility built specifically for people with disabilities. The entire place is accessible and it's a tournament I look forward to every year. The "staging area" for the teams to store equipment and our wheelchairs while we are competing is down in the basement. Often these staging areas are in the same area as the gym so you can keep an eye on your things. This is especially important to me when I bring Morey as I don't like to leave him unattended in a public place. Since the basement isn't really used by the public I felt comfortable leaving him downstairs in his collapsible crate.

Morey hadn't been in the crate for more than a year. Rugby tournaments are the only place I have ever used it and since Morey has been staying home while I travel there wasn't any need to use it. As I was setting it up I hoped that he hadn't forgotten the strange way that it wobbles and adjusts to his movement. There was no need to worry as Morey walked right in and made himself comfortable.

I put Morey in the crate more to keep other people from bothering him than to keep him contained. Because of that I didn't bother zipping the door all the way and when I came back down to the basement after our games, this is what I found.


 
Apparently I need an extension on the crate so all of Morey can fit in it!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment