Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Friday, November 30, 2012

Road Trip!

Living in Texas means that most of the rugby tournaments we attend involve flying. However, we have Texas Cup tournaments where the teams from Texas (Dallas, Houston, Austin, and San Antonio) compete at 2 day tournaments hosted by the different teams. Our most recent tournament was in Houston which mean the first real road trip I had taken with my new Mazda. I packed up Morey and my gear and off we went!

Because I am the only female on the team, I usually get my own hotel room (unless you count sharing with Morey). I had been wanting to give Morey a bath for a long time, but just hadn’t made the time for it at home. I knew after our games we would have the evening to ourselves and so I packed Morey’s shampoo and decided to bathe him at the hotel. He was not expecting this, but the universal symbol of calling him into the bathroom and putting cotton in his ears tipped him off to what was about to happen. He reluctantly jumped in the tub and patiently submitted to being bathed. After he was done he got "the zoomies" and raced around the room trying to rid himself of the trauma of bath.
By the time we went to bed, Morey had dried off and seemed to forgive me for giving me a bath. We had a king bed and somehow even with a king-size bed, I ended up about 6 inches from the edge while Morey had the entire rest of the bed. Guess some things never change!

No comments:

Post a Comment