Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Friday, November 30, 2012

Halloween Humiliation

When Grandma came to visit, she brought Morey a selection of Halloween costumes to try out. Because he looked so cute in both of them, rather than choosing just one, I decided to have him wear both. Both costumes were the opposite of his real life circumstances, which made them even more funny.

Morey started off the morning in his heifer costume. This was to contrast his usual bovine affiliation as a longhorn. I don’t think Morey appreciated the halloween humor, but he looked pretty adorable as a heifer!

 

His afternoon costume was a devil costume complete with a cape (with a tail) and horns. Obviously, this contrasts Morey’s usual behavior as a perfect angel. Although I dressed him as a devil, I am happy to report that he did not take on any devilish behaviors. J Although Morey is used to wearing his vest, his devil cape came down farther on his back and it must have felt odd to him as he walked. The tail also kept brushing against his back legs and so he seemed a bit like a devil with a twitch.
 

 

 

This was my first real experience with trick or treating (I’ve never lived in a neighborhood where kids can walk door to door) and probably Morey’s first experience as well. He was dressed in his heifer costume for the occasion. At the first ring of the doorbell, Morey went to his bed as his usual response. I called him over to see the kids and he came over eagerly. When they simply took candy and left, he looked at me like, what was that about? Usually when people come to the door, they come inside and then usually procede to greet Morey. By the third round of trick-or-treaters, Morey didn’t even bother to get up. I think he was tired of all the hubbub associated with Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment