Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Fall Fun


Although I usually work standard business hours, occasionally there are special events that require me to work evenings or weekends. Recently, Morey and I volunteered to staff a table advertising our office and services at Family Weekend at UT. When I bring Morey to these events, I usually end up doing more education about service dogs than about our office. It amazes me how many people will walk right up and start petting Morey without asking first. Sometimes I don't think they realize that he actually is a service dog and not just a way to bring attention to our table. Although they might be attracted to our table because of the cute dog, I make sure they leave knowing the importance of not distracting and interfering with a service dog without first getting permission from their human partner. I guess you can say that Morey and I were working double duty-advertising our office and teaching service dog etiquette!

No comments:

Post a Comment