Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Sunday, September 30, 2012

It's That Season Again!

 Well, rugby season is here again! Practice started this weekend and I had to figure out how Morey and my rugby chair can co-exist peacefully in my Mazda. As you can see from the picture, Morey was not too happy about the new arrangement! He likes his space and doesn't really like sharing it with anything-let alone a big scary rugby chair. This arrangement did not work well because my chair kept sliding around when I turned, but by trial and error I was able to find a set up that could accommodate my chair and Morey comfortably.


Axles from wheelchairs are covered in grease to help them slide on and off the chair. You have to be careful when you handle the wheels when they are not on a wheelchair because the greasy axles are exposed. If you touch the end of the axle, it leaves a black greasy circle jokingly called "the mark of the devil" because it is impossible to get off!

When I got home from rugby practice, I noticed (with some amount of horror) that Morey had a mark of the devil on his fur! Somehow he must have rubbed up against one of my wheels during the trip home. I guess now his initiation into rugby is complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment