Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A Trip to the Vet

Morey was due for his annual shots and check up so I decided to get that all done before our holiday travels. Morey initially likes it when we go into the clinic because it has lots of good smells and usually other animals to distract him. However, once we go in the exam room he realizes what comes next. My usually social outgoing dog turns into a shy and hesitant 'fraidy cat; the only time he is reluctant to go say hello to someone.

He is very cooperative about being handled by the vet staff, even if he doesn't enjoy it. He weighed 76 lbs which might be a bit more than when I got him, but it's because he "has filled out" now that he's three years old. I keep a close eye on his weight to keep him nice and trim. After all, we have ICAN recertification coming up soon and it would be embarrassing to be told my dog is too fat!

When the vet came in the room, Morey actually hid behind my wheelchair. I have to admit, that made me laugh! He cautiously went over to say hello and through the rest of the exam he did a visit on my lap, refusing to look at the vet. He got his shots and did look back over his shoulder as if to say "Hey, I thought you were giving me a butt scratch and now you're poking me with needles?"

Morey was given a clean bill of health. I'm thankful to have such a happy and healthy dog in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment