Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Happy Halloween!

One of the things we brought back from Indiana was Morey's Halloween costume. Morey tried on several (a cow, pumpkin, alien, and devil) but because he likes swimming so much he wanted to be a shark. Well, not sure he really wanted to be one, but if he had to wear a costume, I think that is what he would choose.

Morey wore his costume to work. I had intended to only leave it on while he was greeting people a the start of the day, but he really didn't seem to mind it so I left it on most of the day. It could help that he got tons of attention and had his picture taken by several people.

I'm sure it felt strange when people petted his costume instead of him and each time Morey would rub up against the person, trying to get it off. He also kept turning his head to bite at his fins which was rather humorous to watch. For the most part, he tolerated the whole thing very well.

Our church had a "No Fear" Halloween celebration and Morey and I attended, with Morey in costume of course. He got tons of compliments-naturally! There were other people in costumes as well and it was funny to see Morey's reaction. Some of them were people he knows but he didn't recognize who they were until they spoke. Wigs seemed to throw him off the most. He also approached kids wearing fairy wings cautiously. Sometimes I wonder what Morey thinks of his life. We've been to church many times and the building and people are familiar to him, yet that night everything was completely different. Thankfully Morey has been well-socialized and takes things all in stride.

I posted a picture of Morey in his costume on Facebook and it has 20 "likes" so far. I have to admit that's one reason I haven't broken down and created a Morey fan page on Facebook...I'm afraid that he would end up having more friends than me and that might create some tension between us! It's pretty hard to compete with such a smart and handsome guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment