Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Bath time!

Last week Morey and I got together with our friends: my human friend and his dog friends, Maggie and Ace. We hadn't gotten together for a while and so we took them swimming in the lake, which they all enjoyed. If you want to see a happy dog, just watch Morey at the lake chasing a tennis ball with his dog pals. I think that is his idea of heaven!

After going back to my friend's house with 3 wet dogs, we decided to give them all baths in her front yard. She washed and I dried and it worked out pretty well. I don't know if Morey had ever gotten a bath outside in a yard and he wasn't quite sure what to do about it. While Maggie and Ace submitted to their fate once they realized what was happening and stood still while they were washed and rinsed, Morey wasn't quite as well-behaved. Because his collar was off, my friend had a hard time holding him still. Several times he broke away and dashed around her yard-soap suds flying everywhere! At one point he came over to me and looked at me as if to say "Can you see what she is doing to me? Are you really going to let this happen?"

Finally he settled down and my friend was able to finish his bath. A bath is the price he has to pay for going swimming but I think it's probably a good trade off for him. The weather is getting colder so I'm not sure how many more times we will be able to go swimming this year. I'm sure he will miss that this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment