Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Bobbing for Ice Cubes

Since playing fetch out in the heat isn't a safe option for Morey, I have had to get creative in coming up with other ways to keep Morey busy. One activity I discovered accidentally is bobbing for ice cubes. I was dropping Morey off at Norm's house before heading to Alabama for rugby camp. While I was getting Morey settled I filled up his water bowl. Norm suggested I add some ice cubes so I tossed a handful into the bowl.

Morey immediately went over and began bobbing for the ice cubes that were floating in his bowl. He would push one all the way to the bottom of the bowl with his nose (overflowing the water bowl in the process) and then grab it with his teeth. When he "surfaced" from the bowl (jowls slopping even more water on the floor-a trait he inherited from his father) he would crunch the ice cube, sneeze the water from his nose, and then go back under to catch another one.

It was highly entertaining to watch this game and I think Norm and I enjoyed watching it as much as Morey enjoyed doing it. However, this game is probably best played outside unless you don't mind a minor flood occurring on your floor!

No comments:

Post a Comment