Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Back to School

It's hard to believe it's been one year since I moved to Texas! It's certainly been an exciting one!

Morey and I attended the Gone to Texas event welcoming new students to UT. Yes, that's right, I am heading back to school and will be working toward my MSSW from the School of Social Work at UT. So, in addition to being a staff member at UT, I will also be a student.

UT is big on tradition and school spirit, so a lot of the event focused on the history behind school traditions. The tower was orange in honor of the event and a huge Texas flag was displayed on the front of the main building.

It was 100 degrees at 8pm when the event started. They were providing ice water to everyone and I shared mine with Morey: I drank the water and he got the ice. Once that was gone we both got even more hot and miserable so I went back for some more. One of the girls working there asked if I wanted a cup of ice for Morey and I eagerly accepted. He enjoyed crunching on ice cubes the rest of the evening, which helped him stay somewhat cool.

Tons of students were taking pictures afterward and I decided to take some of my own. Several girls asked if they could have their pictures taken with Morey-he's such a celebrity!

No comments:

Post a Comment