Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Morey's Vacation

Morey seems to be enjoying his vacation in Indiana (and needless to say, so am I!). He likes being spoiled by his aunts and grandma and has gotten all sorts of new treats to taste and toys to play with. He likes to play with the other dogs here, although he is still learning that body slamming is not a good way to make friends with a soft golden and a shih tzu. He and Jessie, my retired service dog, compete for attention and if you talk to one, chances are good the other one will come over as well. Although in the past if I asked another dog to work for me, Jessie would push her way through to do the job first, this time she seems very content to let Morey do all the work. I think she has adjusted to retirement quite nicely!

Morey and I have gotten to see some friends from ICAN and it was fun to see how excited he got when he recognized the volunteers and trainers who worked with him in the past. It has been very gratifying for me to see how, even when Morey is excited and distracted with toys, treats, and favorite people , he will redirect and focus back on me with just a quiet cue. Even when he is on vacation, Morey is always on call for me whenever I need him.

No comments:

Post a Comment