Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Happy Fall!

Fall is my favorite season but it's a bit disappointing in Texas. I long for cool crisp mornings and evenings, picking apples and watching the leaves change color. Instead, we have 90 degree weather and everything is dying and turning brown. But I do my best to make it festive, mostly by making tasty fall foods (usually involving pumpkin) and decorating the house inside and out.
 I think it was three years ago we planted this ash tree in our back yard and since then it has been a tradition to take a picture of Morey by the tree. This year Morey was trying to hide in the shade because it was so hot!
The one thing I enjoy about fall in Texas is planting a winter garden. While everything else is dying it is fun to plant some new life and watch it grow. We planted lettuce, cabbage and snow peas this year. It will be a few months before we get any produce but I enjoy watching them grow in the meantime!

No comments:

Post a Comment