Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Losing Your Identity

When you have a service dog, it is common for people to overlook you due to your dog. People remember Morey's name and not mine and greet him before me. I'm told it's the same way with parents; you lose your own identity once you have someone cuter attached to you. I usually don't mind but there are time I want to be greeted and appreciated on my own merit, not just because I have a tall, blond and handsome pup by my side.

At my church Morey and I sit at the end of a row so it is fairly obvious when we are and aren't in church. I missed 3 Sundays at my church while I was home for the holidays which is the most I have been gone for quite a while. My first week back, one woman told me "My husband commented last week that he hadn't seen Morey in church for a while. I told him that is probably because Emily wasn't there either!"

It made me laugh to think of Morey showing up at church without me. I know there are stories of a dog who takes the bus by himself so who knows, maybe that will be Morey one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment