Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Stealing the Show

I was presenting a session at the conference highlighting some of the creative outreach efforts I have implemented at our office, including some of the ways we are using social media to connect with students and campus partners. About halfway through my presentation several of the women sitting in the front rows took out their phones and started taking pictures. I thought that was rather odd as I don't really consider myself interesting enough for strangers to take a photo of me.

After my presentation one of the woman came up to me to explain why she had been taking photos. The room was set up with a table at the front of the room that was covered with a floor length tablecloth. I was sitting behind the table to present and had settled Morey underneath the table.

Apparently during my presentation Morey had stuck his nose out from under the tablecloth- perhaps to get some fresh air?!  The woman was kind enough to email me the picture and I can definitely see why they wanted to capture that scene with a photo!

One of the things you have to get used to when you have a service dog is that people will pay more attention to the dog than to you. Even when I tried to hide Morey behind a table he still managed to steal the show!






No comments:

Post a Comment