Morey

Morey
Morey, My 2nd Service Dog

Friday, January 18, 2013

Happy Everything!

December 29th is a special day for my service dogs. This is Jessie's birthday and this year she turned 8. Hard to believe she is getting her "senior status", although she certainly doesn't act like it. Retirement has agreed with her and she enjoys her volunteer activities of visiting a Senior Day Center and also going to my sister's kindergarten class to listen to the students read. Jessie is loved wherever she goes and likes having jobs where people are encouraged to pet and love her (as opposed to her service dog life where she was not allowed to interact with people). Jessie has a wonderful life, but I still miss having her be part of my life on a daily basis.

Two years ago, I picked up Morey from the Indiana Women's Prison and he became my partner and canine companion. It has been a wonderful 2 years and I am hoping that we will share many more years together!

So, happy birthday and happy anniversary to my very special dogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment